I optimize for impact. I strive to work with talented people to do amazing things. If you are a misfit, a rebel, or a troublemaker working on something interesting, feel free to send me a message.
I’m an engineer, researcher, and educator that has helped start teams at innovative organizations such as Amazon Alexa and RideOS.
I’m building Confetti AI, the premier educational platform for training the next generation of machine learning practitioners.
I also consult companies on how to design machine learning and data-driven solutions to their hardest problems with a proven track record of delivering high ROI. If that is of interest, don’t hesitate to reach out.
- I’ve been published at the top artificial intelligence conferences in the world. My work has also gotten news coverage. Check out my past projects for a full list of publications.
- I spent several years in the Stanford Natural Language Processing Group, where I had the great fortune to work with Christopher Manning, Percy Liang, and Christopher Potts.
- I think and write about trends in AI research. People have found my past writeups helpful.
- I was the 8th hire at RideOS a Sequoia VC-backed autonomous mobility startup acquired by Gopuff.
- I’m problem-driven (not tool-driven) so I build across the full engineering stack from hardware to software.
- I have studied at the top institutions in the world.
- I believe in paying things forward, so I build tools and create resources to help people learn. Check out my blog to see what I teach about.
- We Need Data Engineers Not Data Scientists (>75K Views, Top of Hacker News Front Page)
- A Machine Learning Primer (>50K Views, Top All-Time Reddit r/datascience)
- Complete Artificial Intelligence Undergraduate Course Plan (>20K Views)
- Setting Up a Machine Learning Project (>15K Views) with accompanying starter template
- What is the Data Science Life Cycle?
- Building a V1 Machine Learning Model
- Machine Learning Error Analysis
- What Researchers and Engineers Can Learn From Each Other - DataTalks.Club
- Pursuing a Career in Artificial Intelligence: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Data - Georgia Tech Data Science Club
- State-of-the-Art is Just the Start: Data Science From Ideation to Deployment - University of Wisconsin Madison Data Science Club
- Key-Value Retrieval Networks For Task-Oriented Dialogue - SIGDial 2017