I optimize for impact. I strive to work with talented people to do amazing things. If you are a misfit, a rebel, or a troublemaker working on something interesting, feel free to send me a message.
I’m an engineer, researcher, and educator that has helped start teams at innovative organizations such as Amazon Alexa and RideOS.
I run a consultancy helping companies across verticals deliver machine learning and data-driven solutions to their hardest problems with a special focus on NLP, recommendation systems, tabular data, and computer vision domains. We’ve helped teams deliver 33% lift on key business metrics in <6 weeks. If that is of interest, don’t hesitate to reach out.
I also built Confetti AI, the premier educational platform for training the next generation of machine learning practitioners.
- I’ve been published at the top artificial intelligence conferences in the world. My work has also gotten news coverage. Check out my past projects for a full list of publications.
- I spent several years in the Stanford Natural Language Processing Group, where I had the great fortune to work with Christopher Manning, Percy Liang, and Christopher Potts.
- I think and write about trends in AI research. People have found my past writeups helpful.
- I was the 8th hire at RideOS a Sequoia VC-backed autonomous mobility startup acquired by Gopuff.
- I’m problem-driven (not tool-driven) so I build across the full engineering stack from hardware to software.
- I have studied at the top institutions in the world.
- I believe in paying things forward, so I build tools and create resources to help people learn. Check out my blog to see what I teach about.
- We Don’t Need Data Scientists, We Need Data Engineers (>180K Views, Top of Hacker News Front Page, Top KDNuggets Article of 2021)
- A Machine Learning Primer (>50K Views, Top All-Time Reddit r/datascience)
- MLOps Is a Mess But That’s to be Expected (>25K Views, Top of Hacker News Front Page)
- Setting Up a Machine Learning Project (>25K Views) with accompanying starter template
- Complete Artificial Intelligence Undergraduate Course Plan (>22K Views)
- What is the Data Science Life Cycle?
- Building a V1 Machine Learning Model
- Machine Learning Error Analysis
- Delivering Machine Learning Value: A Guide For Humans - Discord Distinguised Speaker Series
- Interview on ML Career, Education, and More [Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify] - Infinite Machine Learning
- What Researchers and Engineers Can Learn From Each Other - DataTalks.Club
- Pursuing a Career in Artificial Intelligence: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Data - Georgia Tech Data Science Club
- State-of-the-Art is Just the Start: Data Science From Ideation to Deployment - University of Wisconsin Madison Data Science Club
- Key-Value Retrieval Networks For Task-Oriented Dialogue - SIGDial 2017